Go Kids' classes run for 45 minutes with 4 sports taught during each 8 week term. A routine incorporating gross motor skills, hand-eye/foot-eye coordination and balance activities is practiced during each class.
Go Kids aims to:
- Introduce preschoolers to a variety of sports to help guide future choices about which sports to participate in
- Show preschoolers that physical activities are fun
- Develop gross motor skills, coordination and correct posture
- Teach the importance of warming-up, stretching, nutrition and hydration
- Encourage good sportsmanship and teamwork
- Teach children to take turns, wait in line, listen - all skills to help children prepare for school
- Expose children to counting, numbers, colors and shapes
Go Kids introduces children to seven different sports: soccer, tennis, basketball, hockey, football, baseball and track and field. Go Kids runs year round in six eight-week terms. Each term includes four sports taught in two-week blocks, as shown in the schedules below. This structure provides the building blocks for basic skills and motor patterns. A general routine is followed during each class which allows children to become comfortable, while the rotating sports prevent children from becoming bored.
Multisport Program - Go Kids for 2-6 years old children